Monday, April 27, 2015

- Do you have a relationship with the Spanish community located here? Does such exists, and if so,


text news magazine texts "Year" text to translate texts on video lyrics lyrics lyrics sound fototekstai literary movements literary current generation of literary btw anthologies tekstai.lt by 2008. text links info@tekstai.lt rss
tekstai.lt site
- I graduated from the University of Seville, Spanish and English philology, Ireland - defended Master of Irish literature. Started teaching Spanish language Dublin, and later at the University of Galway, I decided to enroll in doctoral studies. I managed to Spanish language and literature department to get a very good guide, a British professor ispanistą, who helped write the English language work of Miguel de Cervantes' influence on contemporary Spanish playwright. So I had to teach neispanakalbiams practice. Came to Lithuania in 1997 under the cultural cooperation project. Before leaving for a similar btw job in Ireland, so I thought btw that only contribute to the project, did not even know how long I will be here. Very vaguely imagined Lithuania - something I knew about the history of the Baltic countries, on their way to independence - but I did not have time to consider what I would find, though, of course, were curious. I came on Aug. 10, was hot and so was very glad, because I so enjoy the sun and heat. And yet the extremely beautiful Lithuanian nature: forests, lakes, hills, rivers ... Of course, initially I felt very strange in a country where I do not understand at all what people are saying, from what laughs, why argue - after all, I did not know a single word Lithuanian.
- So Lithuania btw - not the first country where you had to work. For more than fifteen years teaching Spanish at the University of Vilnius. What can you say about our country's btw education, students, academic life?
- I am generally very lucky, because so far I get students who want to learn, and I like to teach the language. At first, it appears that there is considerable distance between students and teachers, and it does not necessarily mean that teachers have greater authority. Gradually, these things btw are changing. Perhaps we would like more cooperation, more interest in each other and between the academic community, more pride in the achievements of colleagues. My work is similar to that in the five years I worked at the University of Galway. I think that Lithuanian students are hard-working and diligent, compared btw with those that I had to teach in Spain, Italy and Ireland. The latter had a very large groups, it was difficult for each note, and here they are few, so we can communicate much more closely. University and different atmosphere, probably btw a lot of what determines the material conditions. When I worked in Ireland, I, like every teacher, had his office, and has spent eight hours, no matter the day reading lectures or not. In your area you can accept students to discuss issues of concern btw to them, talk with colleagues, because everyone knows where to find you. There, I felt like a member of the university community, btw and not just some kind of front-running btw and again briefly escaping man. Also received remuneration from which the normal living. Vilnius University, most teachers do not have their own offices, has no place in which to work quietly, btw they come only through lectures and escapes again, since they are obliged to practice private lessons, translations, and other works. This puts considerable strain. Maybe all like calmer communicate, collaborate, but not when and where not.
- Do you have a relationship with the Spanish community located here? Does such exists, and if so, can you tell us about it a little more? Lithuania or staying Spanish life revolves around the Spanish embassy, or else he concentrates in the whole?
- Frequently btw communicate with their colleagues. Community as such does not exist, Lithuania, in the event the Spanish embassy, became naturally interact with Spaniards, on special occasions, eg., During a national holiday, and then you can get acquainted with more living in Spanish here. However, most of them here neužsibūna and can not find time to communicate. In addition, although I am very pleased and occasionally meet, celebrate birthdays, speak their native language, in most cases our interests btw differ. Although there are exceptions, most usually do not speak Lithuanian, Lithuanian transformation without life. Some genuinely interested in and start learning the language, even knowing that there tegyvens few years. The embassy is also becoming increasingly involved in cooperation with the university, and it allows to meet regularly with staff representation.
- While living in Ireland for several years reading English-Spanish translation at a university, but rather for fun, but never attempted to publish his translation, at the time I was thinking that there are a lot of translators from English. Lithuania otherwise. Due to various circumstances, I met with a number of translators. While studying Lithuanian language became friends with Mirijana Brack, a translator from Croatia. Two years together we were attending courses in philology, she very quickly began to translate and me very Skate

No comments:

Post a Comment